'Wide Awake I See The Storm' is Tailor Birds' 2nd album. The follow on from debut album, 'Runaway Sailors, Stay at Home Wives', the sound is more developed and provides a lush merging of electronics and acoustic sounds, experimental and classical elements, and a unique energy and vibrancy.
With electric violin at the core of its' sound, Tailor Birds creator, Sophie Kinston, merges strings, guitars, vocals, piano, brass, drums, electronics and more, to create a sound totally unique.
Written and recorded over a 2 year plus period, it was recorded in both Australia and Holland. Telling tales of love, loss, hopes, and dreams, Tailor Birds prove that anything is possible.
released August 26, 2016
With Sophie Kinston on electric violin, our thanks go to all the musicians and artists involved in the production of this album. Guest musicians :
Bass / Guitar :
- Vincent Van Den Bogaard – guitar – tracks 4, 9
- Sean Crowley – guitar – tracks 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11 / bass – tracks 5, 6
- Andy Ross – bass - tracks 1, 7, 8
- Anthony Winnick – guitar - tracks 1, 8
Brass / Piano :
- Steve Grant – Trumpet – tracks 9 / Wurlitzer electric piano – tracks 2, 3, 9
- Don Stewart trumpet – tracks 7, 11, 12 / trombone - tracks 7
Main Vocals :
- Sjaan Duinhoven – Lady Caroline / Candied Lady Love
- Monique Kerr – Mabel / Save Your Bible Bookends
- Erika Kertesz – Sailboat Dreaming
- Sophie Kinston – Dancing in the Midday Sun / Candied Love / Ashen
- Ben Smith – Puppet Maker
- Anthony Winnick – Winters’ Fall / Marmalade Home
Backing vocals : vocalists as above for various tracks
Rick van der Ree – electronics – tracks 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12
All tracks written & produced by Sophie Kinston. Co-production credits and special mention go to the following :
Tracks 5, 6, & 7 recorded & co-produced by Sean Crowley
Tracks 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12 recorded, mixed & co-produced by Rick van der Ree
Tracks 1 & 8 recorded & mixed by Anthony Winnick
Additional tracking was recorded by Steve Grant, Frank Shaw, various rehearsal rooms through Melbourne, and at Anne’s country home.
Final mixing and all mastering by Ando Van Andony
Album artwork by Shae Rooke
Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this album.